Welcome to Banners of the World, where you'll find fun and interesting facts about the plethora of Flags that inhabit our good planet. Featuring over 300 Flags!
Searching for a specific country flag? Use our search feature to find it.
Browse Flags by Continent or Region
Use the navigation links to the left or below to search for world flags by the continent they are located in.
Browse Flags by Index
Search for a specific flag based on the first letter of it's name.
Cool World Flag Facts
• The American flag has 50 stars. Each star represents one state. It also has 13 red and white stripes which represent the original 13 colonies.
• The tri-colors of the Mexican Flag were adopted after they won independence from Spain.
• The large red circle on the Japanese Flag represents the rising sun.
• The Nepalese flag is the only country flag in the world that is not rectangular. It is actually composed of two pennants (one sideways triangle atop of another).
• The largest star on the Australian flag has 7 points and is known as the Commonwealth star. The smallest star on the flag only has 5 points.
• The Lion on the original Ethiopian flag represents the Lion of Judah.
Is your country's or region's flag not listed on our site? Please let us know and we'll add it!
Popular Country Flags
| American Flag
| German Flag
Puerto Rican Flag
| Canadian Flag
Popular US State Flags
| State of California
State of New York
State of Georgia
State of Texas
| State of Florida
State of Illinois
State of Washington
State of Pennsylvania
| State of Ohio
State of Louisiana
State of Arizona
State of Virginia
Copyright 2006 - 2012. Banners of the World.
All rights reserved.